Have you ever bought a keepsake book, such as Memories for My Grandchild, and given it to your parents to fill out for your kids? We have, and the participation was 25%. 🤨 It is a great idea – to learn and remember how prior generations lived life. It helps you find value in older generations and makes you appreciate certain aspects of your life. If reading about what prior generations did for fun, how much they paid for milk, and the amount of their first paycheck can add value to our lives, how much more is there to gain by reading about their faith story?? 1000 Generations Book is the only book I have found that allows you to create a documented faith history. *Discount code available for my readers! Keep reading!
What is 1000 Generations Book?
Simply, it is a record book that allows you to document God’s work in your family’s lives for generations to come. It is divided into six sections:
The book explains why documentation of these aspects of your walk with Christ is not only important but also in compliance with the Lord’s commands. The book guides you to document these things in a way that is glorifying to God.
Ultimately, as you fill in the pages, you will be creating your family’s tangible documented faith that can be passed down from generation to generation.
The book has a unique binding that allows it to physically come apart. Y’all, this is huge, because if you have more than one child, you will need more than one book. Do you really want to write everything down 5 times, or even 2 times?? Me either. Fortunately, this book can be taken apart and copied. Thus, you can pass down a copy to each of your children so that they may continue the account of God’s work by adding to it the pages throughout their lives.
What does the Bible tell us about documenting our faith?
- We are instructed to see and praise his work as a way of sharing our faith.
“We must…tell a future generation the praises of the LORD. He commanded our fathers to teach to their children so that a future generation – children yet to be born – might know.” PSALM 78:4-5
- This book can serve as our “stone memorial,” a physical reminder of God’s work in our lives. This is the reason the book is aesthetically pleasing rather than being a notebook.“In the future, when your children ask you, ‘What do these stones mean to you?’, you should tell them, ‘The waters of the Jordan were cut off in front of the ark of the Lord’s covenant. When it crossed the Jordan, the Jordan’s waters were cut off.” Therefore these stones will always be a memorial for the Israelites.” JOSHUA 4:6
- We are called to discipleship. We are called to care for our family. This book fulfills both purposes. Sharing the gospel is the most important aspect of caring for anyone.
“…make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you.” MATTHEW 28:19″But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.” 1 TIMOTHY 5:8
- By documenting our faith, we are able to speak beyond the grave! How cool is that? We could play our part in converting our great-great-great-great-great-great grandchild to Christ! This is absolutely my most favorite reason everyone needs this book!
“Abel… even though he is dead, he still speaks through his faith.” HEBREWS 11:4
- A documented faith serves to strengthen your faith and the faith of your children.
“They were to rise and tell their children so that they might put their confidence in God and not forget about God’s works…” PSALM 78:6-7
Could this book help those who deal with anxiety?
I mentioned how this book serves as a physical reminder of our faith walk with Jesus. I feel like these visible mementos are so key to redirecting the anxious mind to Jesus! Reading how God has been working in your life and reminding yourself of his faithfulness can absolutely get you through those anxious spells and into a healthier mindset!
A Documented Faith is the Ultimate Family Heirloom
I am so excited about this book. I love thinking about my great (X 20) children reading about how God brought me to Him, answered my prayers, taught me to wait, and revealed himself through miracles. I’m excited to see what my children and their spouses add to this book, God-willing I am around to witness that. I truly believe every home needs one of these books. What is the old adage by George Santayana – “those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it?” (Yes, I had to google that) I HOPE that my family – both current and future – are not the pharisees or Judas of their time.
Please head over to 1000 Generations Book website to get more information and to purchase if you so choose! This would be a truly thoughtful and wonderful Christmas present! Another great thing about this book, as if we needed another, is that all the proceeds from the book sales go toward a different charity for every 500 books sold! Read more about 1000 Generations Book Charity Partners HERE. Last but not least, my readers get 10% off by using code LoveJesus10 at checkout!