If you have been to any store within the last couple weeks, you know that Christmas is just around the corner…EIGHT weekends to be exact! I LOVE Christmas, but it is definitely a stressful time of the year. I will be shifting gears over the next couple months to focus on less toxic products that can also double as gifts, as you could probably tell from my recent fly gun and weighted blanket posts! Today, we will focus on Christmas gift ideas for preschoolers. This year, I want to focus on gifts that keep on giving. Subscription boxes are such a fun present because it is a box full of gifts, AND the gifts keep coming! What kid doesn’t want that?
In my search for the best subscription boxes, I stumbled upon a fun website called Cratejoy. They have subscription boxes for everyone! I will be featuring some of their boxes for various people on your Christmas list. Here are some fun ones for preschoolers that are non-toxic (in my opinion) because they promote learning and don’t involve screen time!!
Fun Boxes with Stellar Reviews:
- I am a huge proponent of books in the home, and I am not alone. “The single most significant factor influencing a child’s early educational success is an introduction to books and being read to at home prior to beginning school.” –National Commission on Reading, 1985
- This would be a GREAT way to build a library. Thus, it would also make a great baby shower gift 👶🏼
- 3 board books (0-3y) OR 2 hardcover picture books (2-6y) OR 2 chapter books (7-10y) are individually gift-wrapped in each box for maximal unwrapping fun
- Option: alternate board & picture books monthly
- I was a little weary of these broad age ranges, but out of 76 reviews, there was one 3 star (wrote all positive things?) and one 4 star review – the rest were 5 stars!
- One of Parent Magazine’s Top 10 Subscription Services 2017!
- 100% money back guarantee
- Preschool Box
- Is it just me, or do you see super fun activities to do with your kiddos on Pinterest or blogs and think, “I can make that! How fun and creative.” 4 months later…you bought sticker dots, butcher paper, and painter’s tape, but it is all still in a pile in the guest room. Soo it’s not just me?! Then this box is for you!
- Box activities focus on phonics skills, counting, shapes, colors, and writing. If you spring for the 12 month subscription, your preschooler will have been exposed to all the foundational skills for kindergarten. Subsequent boxes build on what was learned through prior boxes.
- Based on the reviews, this box is recommended by educators, contains high-quality activities and materials, and the activities are designed to last the whole month.
- Every box will contain a parent guide, stickers, and a book plus a mixture of crafts, learning activities and/or games.
- Box is a little pricier than others but the consensus is that it is worth it. You can add up to 3 kids to one box, but you might be able to easily duplicate a few things and achieve the same result for a lot less (Question again is, will you actually do that? lol)
- This box will definitely be making my kiddo’s list this year!
- Petite Princess Box
- You can up the game of all the little princesses in your life. Each month she will receive 4+ unique princess accessories that fit a fun theme such as vintage tea party and mermaid majesty.
- This box has 35 five-star reviews!
- I wish I had some preschool girls on my list – this would be a no-brainer!
- Kid Wonder
- A box that inspires creative and imaginary play for children 3-6 years old.
- Each box is themed and includes an educational booklet and 3 activity kits which consist of 4+ crafts, games, projects and much more.
- 4.9 stars from 26 reviews: reviewers rave about the detailed but easy to follow instructions, creativity, and kid’s engagement; a favorite for sure!
- SHIPS FREE to the U.S.
- Do you have girls to buy for? How about a box of bows every month?
- You choose headbands, bows, or both, as well as the child’s age, and the prices are very reasonable!
These are just a few of the super fun boxes I found on Cratejoy. Browse the site to find the perfect recurring gift for your preschoolers!
Will some of these be under your tree this year?