Essential oils (EOs), you either love them or hate them. If you think EOs are “snake oils,” stick with me for a few minutes; I once shared your view! About 6 years ago, I found myself in a doTERRA EO class out of respect for a friend. Long story short, I was intrigued but thought, no way. Mind you, prior to this class I would have said everyone in that room was crazy. I bought a kit but completely expected the oils to prove me right (they were yet another form of ridiculous alternative medicine).
The oils sat on my shelf for the most part for several months. Less than a year later, my husband and I went on a 3 week trip to SE Asia. My husband found himself laid up in Cambodia with food poisoning. He just had to try the traditional fish soup dish…🙄. After a few hours of misery, I remembered that I had my oils. I figured, why not? At this point, I was imaging him in a Cambodian hospital with IV fluids; so, I would have tried anything! For the next 8 hours or so, I rubbed various EOs on him every two hours. It was like clock-work. I’d rub on the oils, and about 10 minutes later he would perk up to the point of laughing and joking. About an hour later he would go to sleep, but he would wake up right at the two hour mark starting to feel crummy again. I’d apply the oils and the cycle would repeat. We did this for most of the day and by night, he was able to sleep for 4 hour stretches before needing more oils.
Needless to say, I became a believer after that. I started trying the oils for everything to see what would work. I will not claim that I have found an oil for everything, but y’all they really are a great tool to have in your less toxic living belt!
After that experience, I really dove into researching these oils and why they worked. I will not bore you with all the scientific details. However, on a chemical level, it really does make sense as to why they do what they do. BUT, the oils you use must be sustainable and responsibly sourced, go through rigorous testing, be clearly labeled, and the company should exhibit transparency. I researched some of the top companies, and here is why I have stuck with doTERRA and why I feel comfortable using their products on my family:
- Proven purity and potency.
- Many essential oils on the market are heavily contaminated or adulterated with synthetic chemicals. doTERRA established a standard of quality in an industry that had never had one: Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG).
- CPTG = no added fillers, synthetic ingredients, or harmful contaminants in their essential oils; they put all their products and packaging through a battery of tests to ensure a long and effective shelf-life. CPTG ensures potency, purity, and consistency batch to batch.
- YOU CAN ACTUALLY VIEW YOUR OILS’ REPORTS! This is a rarity even with transparent companies. You just enter your unique Quality ID (bottom of bottle) to view GC/MS test results from an independent, verified third party lab.
- High-Quality/Effective Chemical Make-Up: doTERRA sources its 100+ oils from over 40 different countries, aiming to find the exact plant in the environment that produces the highest quality oil
- Co-Impact Sourcing: Several of the oils are sourced from underdeveloped countries. doTERRA develops long-term, mutually beneficial supplier partnerships while creating sustainable jobs and providing reliable income for these farmers, harvesters, and distillers who would otherwise be taken advantage of.
- Philanthropy through Helping Hands: non-profit organization run by doTERRA that provides funding for and building of schools, health clinics, training facilities, and clean water systems. They also partner with other organizations to support disaster relief and anti-human trafficking.
- Advance their industry: doTERRA contributes significantly to furthering the EO industry through research!
These are just a few of the reasons I use doTERRA for all my EO needs ☺️ I love their oils and products so much, I am a Wellness Advocate and thus will make a commission if you purchase from my doTERRA site. This week, doTERRA is running their annual BOGO week. Each day there is a different BOGO deal. This is a great time to try out some essential oils. If you want to keep up with the daily deals, follow me on Facebook and/or Instagram!
You can shop here and refer to my EO Information Page for details about various oils. Not all are listed on this page as of yet, but if you have questions about a specific oil or how to use it, just comment below and/or email me at email@example.com I’m always happy to share the knowledge I’ve gained over the years.